Getting to know Priya Ravi

The Women in Technology Group is thrilled to have Priya Ravi joining our leadership team and also becoming one of UIUC’s representatives for the Big Ten Academic Alliance Women in Technology group!

What do you do?

I am a Lead Quality Analyst in Technology Services. Our QA team evaluates the functionality of the software. In addition to it, we validate the software’s accessibility, adhering to guidelines such as WCAG. And we conduct thorough usability evaluations, aiming to optimize the end-user experience and enhance overall software usability.

I am also on the WIT leadership team and the IT Caffeine Break planning committee. I recently joined UIUC Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) WIT Representative.

What led you to this career?

I started my career as a Software tester intern. Despite exploring other fields within the vast landscape of IT, my journey ultimately led me back to Quality Assurance (QA). With a broader perspective and a more well-rounded skill set, I gained a diversified skill set that complemented my QA expertise. Continuous learning and staying updated with the latest advancements in automation have been integral to my growth, allowing me to adapt and implement cutting-edge solutions in diverse project environments.

As I continued on my QA path, I dedicated time to learning about accessibility and usability, further enriching my understanding of creating robust and user-friendly software.

What behavior or personality trait do you most attribute your success to, and why?

Continuous learning is an essential key to personal and professional growth. A constant learning mindset enhances expertise and opens doors to new opportunities and broader horizons. It is a dynamic process that empowers individuals to stay relevant, navigate challenges, and reach their full potential.

What makes someone a good leader?

A good leader actively listens attentively, valuing diverse perspectives and fostering a sense of inclusivity within a team. This skill enhances communication and builds trust, creating a positive and cooperative work environment.

What is something interesting that you enjoy doing outside of work that may surprise your colleagues?

I thoroughly enjoy traveling and exploring new places with my family.